About the What Van? Awards
Details for the next WhatVan? Awards 2023 will be posted soon.
The What Van? Awards are recognised as the most prestigious independent accolades in the UK’s light commercial vehicle industry.
The intention is for the event to return to December following the success of last year’s virtual ceremony. The awards provides attendees with the opportunity to network and celebrate the success of their peers across carefully selected categories.
The What Van? Awards provide recognition for brands, businesses and organisations that have reached the pinnacle of their fields. What Van? assembles an experienced panel of independent judges from across the LCV sector to evaluate the entrants.
The categories evolve from year to year to ensure we recognise changing trends and developments spanning the breadth of the light commercial vehicle industry.
Held 9th December at The Nobu Portman Square London.
2020 and 2021 have been unprecedented years for the events industry, which has affected every aspect of how we engage with our target audiences. Handshakes and business card exchanges have been replaced with virtual networking lounges and instant messaging.
At Progressive Media International, we have led the market in successfully transforming our event calendar into online activities, with impressive engagement numbers which out have outshone our competitors in not only retaining but actually growing our audiences.
Now, as we plan to emerge from a fully virtual world and re-enter physical event activations, we face a challenge on providing a safe environment for us to meet again and our intention to host this event in a hybrid (both physical and virtual synchronised) format.
So, what does this mean for this event? Our team of marketers and specialist event producers have consulted the market, are working closely with venues and conducting all the risk-assessments required to be able to bring us all together in one room again.
What to expect
• A London-based event
• Constant risk-assessment on the status of the pandemic and its effects on events
• Final decision to be made on the scope of the physical elements 8 weeks prior to the event date
• Maximum capacity allowed in physical format to be complied with, in the venue space
• Physical attendee number capability will be shared with partners 8 weeks prior to the event
• Local delegates invited to the physical event to engage with our partners onsite
• Live streaming of the physical elements to an additional global virtual audience
• All delegates in-person will be required to comply with government event guidelines
• Professional event moderators will connect our physical and virtual audiences effectively
22nd October 2021
Entries close for the 2022 What Van? Awards
29th October 2021
Registration opens for the ceremony
Judging takes place
9th December 2021